Friday, November 9, 2012

Treasure Who You're With

WBelow is the best quote I have ever heard on relationships. Yes better then pastor I've heard speak on the topic too. lol


(Good truth from a guy's perspective. Every woman needs to read and consider this. :)


You know how people always say, "Always leave on a good note, because you never know if that will be your last moment together?"

Well it's true. 

The night my late husband died I had started a fight with him and we left on a bad note.  I didn't get to say, "I'm sorry" in person and I didn't get to say goodbye. 

Of course I will regret that for the rest of my life.

But I'm sure God can use it.  I heard once, "The lessons you learn the hard way you never forget."

So ladies, be nice to the man your with.  They are usually doing their best.  They love you, even if they hurt your feelings sometimes.  They pretty much always do not mean to. 

I pray anyone reading my blog that has a significant other will go through some of the questions below with them. 

There was only one night in my 2 years of being with Roger that we did that, and boy do I wish now we would have done that more. 

The main benefit is it increases your understanding of each other, and it is so crucial to know what each other's soft spots are so as to avoid hurting each other.

Everyone has soft spots.  Everyone has things they wish the person they were with knew about. 

So have these conversations.  Seek to understand each other as best as you can.  Don't act like you don't care.  You wouldn't be together if you didn't care.  So start on that base, both of you care about each other a lot, and seek to learn more about each other. 

I read once that men are very interested in learning all about their woman before marriage and after marriage it stops for some reason.  One possibility for this could be because the competition is gone.  Same for you ladies.  Both parties passively think, "I got what I wanted so I can sit back and take it easy now." 

No you cannot.  Marriage takes work, hard work. 

Love is not passive; it is active.  You have to work at it or it can die.

People who divorce say, "We just fell out of love."  The truth is both parties just gave up and got lazy.  The truth is also that one or both decided they would not forgive the other for something. 

You have to learn to be very good at forgiving to be in a relationship.  Just let it go!  Whatever it is, it doesn't matter more then your love for the other person.  Pray about, take it to Jesus, and let it go. 

Also you have to remember to do things for each other, serve each other, care for each other, listen to each other.

Another crucial aspect to marriage is not allowing to many outside influences in.  The more people you talk to about the other person the worse it will be, as this can be gossiping about them. 

A relationship should be between 2 people, not 10.  lol

May God bring peace to all of your relationships and teach you to really love each other, as He loves us, unconditionally. 

May you all fall in love with your special person again the way you did at the beginning.

May God bless you all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment