Friday, November 9, 2012

Forgive Me



Forgive Me, I Knew Not What I Did

For any unkind word I ever said to you, forgive me.

For anything I ever did that hurt you, forgive me.

For being so angry with you so many times, forgive me. 

For judging you for your past when mine was not any better, forgive me.

For being selfish and condescending and proud and arrogant and not loving you as you deserved to be loved, forgive me.

For not listening to you better and comforting you when you were stressed about work, forgive me.

For not going with you on all those long hard drives to pick up your kids and not being your team mate, forgive me.

For not taking you extremely seriously at the end when you said how much you needed to get to church and see other Christians cause your work was tearing you apart, forgive me.

For leaving you with your thoughts that last night so you felt you had nothing to do but go out and drink, forgive me.

And for all the times I was not grateful for you while you were still here, forgive me. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment