Friday, November 9, 2012

Sweet Memories




Sweet Memories

Seeing the deer in the forest on our adventurous hike

Swimming in the Platte River with you

Running in a panic under a bridge with a train passing over us

Teaching you how to swim

Lying on a blanket with you and watching the lightning over us in the clouds

Playing basketball and getting schooled by you

Teaching you to play tennis and admiring what a quick learner you were

Eating out at Applebee’s with you every week

Sitting on the same side of the booth with you holding hands

Buying frames with you for our beautiful professional pictures together

Planning our future together and our next apartment we were moving to

Discussing how we would raise kids and coming up with game plans

Praying with you

Sitting next to you in church and being so glad we could do that together

Holding your hand

Running to McD's to get McFlurry's

Playing pool with you and bowling with you

Watching the sunset over the lake with you

Texting you non-stop 24/7 from the day I met you till the day you died

Reading the texts where you said why you wanted to marry me

Hearing you always say what a great mom I would be

Interacting with Jade our cat with you and seeing how much you loved her

Seeing you play with your kids

Dancing with you and singing to you

Drinking coffee while sitting on the deck with you

Listening to podcast sermons with you

Seeing you jump off a diving board for the first time

Seeing you get so excited when you could touch the bottom of the deep end

Walking on the trails at Platte River state park with you

Living life with you.




Jade

I'm sorry I had to give you away

I hope you understand

You would have hated the four day road trip

I hope you are with a family now that will love you

As much as we always, always did, more then you knew

May they see how much of an angel you are

I miss how you would crawl under the covers with me

How you would snuggle up next to me

How your purr was the most soothing sound in the world

I miss "talking" to you when you would meow back to me

I miss you waiting by the door for us to come home, like a dog would

I miss you following me to every room I went

A family dissolved in one day

So odd, so quick, so final

I love you, wherever you are

And pray that you are safe and loved

No comments:

Post a Comment