Thursday, November 8, 2012

Emptiness/ Chasing After the Wind

If you were honest with yourself, would you admit that you feel empty sometimes?  Would you admit that you feel like you are walking around with a gaping hole in your heart?  Would you admit that you try to use EVERYTHING on this earth that you can to fill that hole?

We always think the NEXT thing will complete us don't we?  We hope that the next thing will make us feel whole and satisfied.  But does it? 
 
Solomon concluded that the next thing will never satisfy us:
 
In Ecc. 2 he says: 
 
"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun."


 
Solomon tried EVERYTHING he could on this earth to make himself happy.  He sought after riches, glory, accomplishment, beauty and women, food and wine, entertainment, EVERYTHING.  And what was the result?  He was STILL miserable.  Nothing he sought after to make him happy on this earth did.  In fact it may have even made him more depressed. 
 
He says, "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief."


When we finally realize that nothing on this earth will make us happy what does that do?  It makes us depressed right?  Because then what can we do?
 
How many famous actors that are millionaires or billionaires are happy?  None of them.  Money DOES NOT make people happy.  Being married to the most beautiful women (or men) in the world DOES NOT make people happy.  Having the largest house in the ENTIRE world does not make people happy.
 
So what does?  WHAT CAN FILL THE HOLE IN OUR HEARTS???
 
GOD.
 
Paul says that a mystery that has been hidden for ages but was revealed to him is that we can now have the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE living inside of US.  He CAN fill the gaping hole in our hearts.  He is the ONLY thing that can fill it!  Do you believe that?  Do you truly believe that?

I thought of an interesting take on words. When we add a w to hole, w for worship God, we go from having a hole in our hearts to being whole.  :)
 
Paul says that "Christ in you (is) the hope of glory."  Christ is the ONLY thing that can make us whole and complete. 
 
Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit comes to LIVE IN YOU!  That is HUGE! 
 
Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit, the creator of the universe, lives IN US!
 
He comes in us to HEAL our relationship with OURSELVES, OTHERS and HIMSELF. 
 
Augustine said, "Our hearts are RESTLESS until they rest in thee."  Amen!  Before we find God we are ALWAYS searching, seeking, hunting for what might make us happy.  But then we find God and...
 
"He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul."


We become COMPLETE.  We become WHOLE.  We have peace for the FIRST time; His peace THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING. We have a serene contentment for the FIRST time! 

He gives us PEACE and he gives us LIFE!

Jesus said, "The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I came that they might have LIFE, and have it to the full." 

Do you have LIFE?  IS CHRIST IN YOU?  Do you have the HOPE OF GLORY? 

If you do not you can!  Read my blog on the Roman Road and pray for Jesus to come inside of you.  The creator of the universe wants to LIVE INSIDE YOU.  I'm serious.

Ask him to COME IN! 

May God bless you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment