Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God is Not in Time

When people pose the question, "What did God do before he created the world?" They are asking a question with faulty reasoning.

To say "BEFORE" would mean that God is inside of time.  However, HE IS NOT.

He created "time" when he created the world. 

HE JUST IS.

He said of himself, "I AM THAT I AM."

When we get to heaven we will also have NO concept of time.  We will not be in time anymore.  We will JUST BE.

I believe when people die they do NOT go to some holding place to wait until the end of time.

Human souls EXIT time when they die. 

I heard a beautiful story of an old lady who was sad to die and leave her husband behind.  She thought he would not be in heaven with her as he was still on the earth.

But one day she said to her husband, "I am ok with dying now."  The husband asked, "Why?"

She said, "Because I was just told WHERE I AM GOING YOU ALREADY ARE."

Could the man have been simultaneously on the earth and in heaven?  Yes.

How was it that he was already in heaven? 

Because there is no time in heaven. 

This is a hard concept indeed to wrap out finite minds around, but it is fascinating nonetheless. 

Can I just say, God is AMAZING!  May we see more and more of just how amazing HE IS!  Amen?

Amen.  Peace be with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment