Thursday, November 1, 2012

Birthdays

I will be turning 28 in 29 days.

Birthdays are a somewhat philosophical experiences for me as I get older.  A time to meditate.  A time to consider.  A time to question, am I getting better the older I get?

I think so and I hope so.

I know I have learned an insane amount by this time in my life.

My grandma always says she's forever 28, where as I feel like I have been 40 ever since I was like 13. 

I have had a lot of life experiences.  It's just insane thinking sometimes how much I have been through.

All the places I've gone.  All the things I've done, and people I've met.

My life has been anything but boring to say the least.

There is always another adventure around the corner.

And for some reason I don't tire of these crazy adventures.

With some things, like an event with my dad and Roger dying, you would think I would want to sit it out for a bit, on the side lines, and watch everyone else live life for awhile.

I have had a nice break for the last 7 weeks since he died.

This has a been a great time of renewal and regrouping.

But I feel God calling me to get back out there, get back in the game of life, and try to play it again, somehow.

All these blogs I have written over the last 2 weeks are just ideas that have been pregnant within me for the last 14 years.

Things I have thought but never really said.

But the flood gates certainly seem to be opening now.  It is all coming out.  All the life experience and wisdom and knowledge that God has taught me over the years.

May he continue to increase my wisdom in everything.

I have prayed many times that I would like to be like Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived.

I want to know everything about everything! 

However, as they say ignorance is bliss, on the flip side knowing is depressing sometimes.

The book of Ecclesiastes is the most depressing piece of literature ever written I think, and it is in the Bible! lol

But Solomon is so right!  What is the point to life and accomplishment and achievement?  Who are we trying to impress and why?  We are all just ants down here on this earth really.

"What is man that you are mindful of him?" 

We are just a mist that appears for a short time and then vanishes. 

What is our life?  Why do we think we are so important?  Why do we think what we do is so important?

Solomon says at one point, "And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person’s envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."

We envy each other so we do more and more and more until what?  We are tired, exhausted, spent.

What is the point to anything we do?  Nothing really. 

But what does he conclude?  What is the purpose for life?

He concludes his book by saying:

"Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the duty of all mankind.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil."

Amen.  So fear God and keep his commandments.  That is all that matters.

DO AS MUCH GOOD YOU CAN TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN; that is the whole goal of life.

May we all remember to love God and love people with our whole hearts!  Entirely, fully, and completely. 

Amen?  Amen!  Peace be with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment