Friday, November 9, 2012

My Testimony: Intro to My Book


We are all born into an unseen war.  I know very well I was born into a war, because, from the moment I was born, Satan has been shooting flaming arrows at me.  He must have known that God had a great plan for my life, because he seems to be bent on my destruction. 

I was molested by my own father as a child.  By the grace of God, despite my horrible upbringing, I committed my life to God when I was 14 and went on to graduate from a private Christian college, Biola University, with a  B.A. in English. 

Since the time I was saved, I have believed there is nothing more powerful and life transforming than scripture.  God’s word has always been like honey to my soul.  The Bible says, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Tim. 3:16).  That means that every verse of the Bible is divinely inspired.  God’s word is powerful!  The Bible says exactly what God wanted it to say, and it is changing lives every day. 

I was molested by my father and my parent’s divorced when I was 10, but God’s word healed me and transformed me into the person I am today. 

I have heard several times that one in three women is sexually abused by the time they reach 18.  So I wanted to share my story in hopes of helping someone else.  Paul says in 2 Corinthians, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God” (2 Cor. 1:3-4).

 Out of indebtedness to my Savior for saving me, I share my story in the hopes that I can help save others. 

We are all drowning, but only some of us will reach up and take hold of God’s hand to pull us out of the water.  The question to ask yourself as you read this is; will you? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment