Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Birth Defects

 I was talking to God this morning about birth defects. I felt like he told me every single person is born with some kind of birth defect that they have to overcome. It makes us stronger and more humble. My mom was born with a tendency in her spine toward scoliosis. My brother was born with a slow brain. My dad was born with hyper activity. I always thought I didn't have any issues. God just told me I was born with a defected heart. That makes sense because I often get chest pains that worry me. Not that often, but a few times every month. My dad's dad died of a heart attack. I suppose I have always wondered if that's how I will go too. 

Maybe that is why I played basketball. I knew I needed more exercise to make my heart more strong. 

About 4 years ago I thought I was having a heart attack. I probably was about to, mainly due to stress. My ex was stressing me out like no other person could at that time. That is one reason why I knew we needed to split up. I drove myself to the ER and they gave me aspirin. They told me to start taking aspirin every day. I did for a while. I read that salads are high in Vitamin K and that is the best thing to prevent a heart attack. From then on I ate more salads and tried to eat extra healthy. 

I have always had bad headaches. I think that means I have always had a higher than normal blood pressure. This might explain why, if I have a weaker heart than most people, that can raise blood pressure. 

Whatever defect you were born with, try to not get mad at God about it. You can use it to help you learn resilience. We all have to overcome something in life. God gives us all a weakness so that we will need him and others more. Ask others for help if you need to. 

Please pray that my heart will stay strong. May God bless you and heal you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment