Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Jealousy Over Children

 I think it is very common that husbands are jealous of the love between a mother and a son. Women also get jealous of the love between a father and a daughter. 

Perhaps each parent wonders if that kid will replace them emotionally someday. That happens quite often. A woman might love her son more than her man. A father may begin to love his daughter more than his wife. 

Obviously that is not good if that happens. I heard in sermons a lot, "A marriage is forever. Kids are only for 18 years. You need to love your spouse more than you love your kids." Also if you forget about loving your spouse and focus on the kids, that marriage won't last very long. 

It is always a balancing act for every mom. She needs to try showing equal love to her man and her kids. It can be quite tricky to do that. 

I named my son James. I realized after that the meaning of that name is "supplanter" or replacer. To me that means it could be easy for me to let my baby boy replace my man in my heart. I need to watch out for that. 

Spouses are supposed to be the first priority, then children. 

The love a parent has for their child needs to be in light of knowing they won't be around forever. Someday they will fall in love and run away from you, emotionally. That transition will be a lot smoother if you don't let them into your heart too much in the first place. Then you will be more ok with them falling in love and leaving you. 😣

When it is time to, let your kids go. Realize that your call to parent is only temporary. Always and forever keep your mate as your first priority. They deserve that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment