Friday, July 14, 2023

Perspective

 Your perspective on any situation is key. You can wake up thinking your day will be great. You will then make it great. You can feel dread over what you have to do that day, but what is the point to that?

Feelings can be good. If you really don't want to do something, don't do it. Changing your perspective might help though. Think that it will go well, whatever it is, and it most likely will. 

Maybe you have a date. Picture it going well. Maybe you have a job interview. Picture yourself getting hired right away. 

Your mind will create your future. What you see yourself doing is what you probably will do. Our imagination dictates our thoughts and those dictate our actions and those dictate our future. If you want your future to be peaceful, think peaceful thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Don't let negative thoughts ruminate in your mind too long. 

You have to switch your attitude if you feel negative. Playing fun music can help. Watching something inspiring on YouTube can help. Try to keep your thoughts positive if you want your life to be positive. 

For example, I need to get a new battery for my car today. It has not been starting very well. Granted the car is 20 years old and the heat this summer has been crazy. Maybe it killed my battery just from it being so hot outside. Old cars just need greater care. I will imagine that it will go well. The line won't be long. They will have the battery I need, and it won't be overpriced. And they will think my car looks cute even though I stupidly covered it in contact paper 2 years ago. I did that to re-create my other car I had like this one. My first car was a white Toyota Echo. I bought this car 3 years ago. It looked the same except the outside was grey. I decided to make it white, but the contact paper looks kind of silly. Oh well. It can't be undone. 

Today I might go buy more flowers. I will picture myself getting the most gorgeous flowers for my outside area ever. I will believe that they will not die in this summer heat, but they will have a long life. 

If you stay home or if you work, have a positive perspective about it. If you work, you get to be social all day and that is great. If you stay home, you get to not be bothered by many people and that is great too. 

Whatever your lot in life is, be grateful for it. There is always something about it you can appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment