Sunday, July 9, 2023

Rich Kids and Issues

 Why do children with rich parents end up doing drugs? Why are they usually less responsible with money? Maybe it's because they feel they can never fill the shoes of their parents, so they give up before they even try.

I have noticed that weak parents produce strong children. Strong parents tend to produce weak children. Why is that? When there are strong parents, or rich parents, the kids think the parent will always catch them when they fall, so they feel totally ok with falling a lot. When the parents are weak the child is more cautious about falling, because they don't know if anyone will catch them. 

I have been in both situations. I had a single mom for 7 years. Then she married my step-dad and I had rich parents, at least kind of rich. I probably became more careless with money because I always felt they could give me money if I needed it. They were my safety net. I used to always say, "My mom is my savings account." But lately she has been weak. She hasn't worked in about 10 years, but she deserved to retire early due to having scoliosis. My step-dad has money, but he isn't really my dad, so I don't feel entitled to it in any way. 

Since my mom has not been working, I have become stronger. I have been fending for myself. I have tried hard to keep myself from needing their help. When I separated from my ex, I needed help for a few months but then I figured out how to care for myself. I had to give up my kids so I could stop being dependent on my parents. I probably could have gotten government assistance, but I don't really like doing that. 

It is tricky when you need help from your parents. Ideally none of us ever should. Emergencies happen but then we need to get back up and run for ourselves again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment