Tuesday, July 25, 2023

My War with the Ants

 I got a terrible fire ant bite yesterday evening. My foot hurt so bad I would have cut it off just to take the pain away. I kept ice on it. I wrapped it up tight with an Ace wrap. I had my lover get me some Benadryl. With all that the pain finally went away. Thank you Jesus! 

So I am now at war with the fire ants in my backyard. There has been a big ant mound next to the baby trees that I water since I moved in here. I bought a shovel a few months ago to try digging it out. I got half of it out. I have poured bleach in the mound. I just poured dish soap all over it. Then I dumped a full bag of cornmeal in it. I also covered the perimeter of my two sidewalk areas with cornmeal so they will stop coming up there. I can only hope that will make them all die or go away. 

Please pray they will all relocate to the back alley. That would be so nice. Once they build a big mound anywhere, it is hard to get rid of it, but not impossible. I believe I will get rid of them eventually. I probably need an exterminator to come out and use proper chemicals to get rid of them. 

The best household chemical to pour over the ant mound is Windex. Maybe I'll do that once a week now. 

Death to the ants! I will succeed in killing them all eventually. Or I'll call an exterminator. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment