Monday, July 3, 2023

Kids and Money

 I used to tell my ex that when my girls grew up and got married we could live with them. I said that could be our retirement. He said that was stupid. I was thinking after all the waking up in the middle of the night for them, that didn't seem stupid to me. 

All kids do owe their parents. They kept you alive for 18 years and provided all your needs. That is why God said, "Honor your mother and father." 

I used to struggle with that given my dad and step-dad were child predators. It is never totally easy to honor your parents, but it's good in the long run if you can. 

If your parent needs anything, you should help them, if you are able to do so. 

The issue in our modern world is most parents are so rich, their kids know they won't have to help them. I suppose that is both a blessing and sad. Then families stay far apart when no one needs anyone else. 

This is why poor families are somewhat cute. They all help each other a lot, because they all need help at some point. My grandma had to help my mom a lot when she was a single mom. I'm sure she appreciated her daughter asking for help. But now we all are so independent. Most people don't need other people for anything. This causes an isolation that causes the depression issue in our society. Very sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment