Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Conflict

 The cause of pretty much every conflict, and most parting of the ways of two people, is when two people want two totally different things. 

For example, and this is a sad analogy, but my dad wanted to get physical with me as a kid, but I didn't obviously. So that created conflict and a parting of the ways for us. 

My ex wanted me to have a 3rd kid, because he was dying to have a son. I didn't really want to. That was probably the main reason we parted ways. I figured the two lovely girls I already gave him should have been enough. 

My ex mother in law really wanted to vaccinate my girls. I didn't want that, at all. So we stopped being friends because of that. 

The only thing my best friend and I have conflicted over is I think she should try online dating, but she really doesn't want to. Otherwise we agree on pretty much anything. That is why we have stayed friends for 23 years. 

My mom and I haven't conflicted on too much. I didn't really want her to marry my step dad but she did anyways. Once she was married, I didn't disagree with her over it anymore. It was already done. 

Anytime two people want two very different things, there will be conflict. The way to avoid this is to pretty much never want anything, at least not a lot. 

Watch out for wanting something that is totally different from what others want, within reason. If you know what is best, stick with that. Maybe you can change the mind of the other person to want what you want. If you can't, just let it go. Whatever you want so bad, just let it go. Then you will never have conflict ever again. Very nice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment