Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The AC

 A few days ago my AC vent in my room was leaking. Not a lot, just a bit. We live in a slightly older home. It was probably built in the 60's. I thought about calling the AC repair guys, but then figured I could just not run the AC so hard. That seems to have fixed the leaking problem. 

From now on I will set it at 74 during the day, maybe 76 if it's super hot outside. At night instead of 68 I'll put it at 71. 

Lately it has been 106 every day here in Texas. Killer temps for sure. I felt like God said he was punishing the city I'm in. There are a lot of bad people here. Maybe the crazy high temps will make all the evil people go live somewhere else. I live in Odessa. For several years this city was the highest crime city in the entire U.S. 

Why do I live here? I came here to try to see my daughters again. That didn't work out, but maybe someday it will. I could have lived in Florida, but with the humidity that may have felt just as hot. 

I have always wondered if the AC puts out toxic chemicals. In one place I lived there was a sign on the AC unit that said it can cause cancer. So if you run your AC hard all day, I recommend you run it more lightly. The less toxic chemicals in the air, the better. 

I think it is also wise to crack at least one window at night to let some fresh air in and let those chemicals out. You may have less allergy problems and less headaches. Fresh air is always nice to breath in. 

I hope you all are enjoying your AC this summer and that it keeps working. But watch out for the side effects of it and try to run it not so strong. It is less drain on the power grid, and your lungs will thank you someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment