Monday, July 17, 2023

Starting a Business

The first person in my family to start a business was surprisingly my dad. He had a lawn care business. He bought too many tools though and caused my parents to have to declare bankruptcy. Starting a business is usually risky like that. Then my grandma, his mom, started a Bed and Breakfast Inn. She did pretty well doing that. I helped her clean the rooms a few times. My Uncle Gary started a Tile and Marble business. It went really well. He was able to live in Hawaii while having it. Another uncle had a roofing business in San Diego.  Another uncle had a salmon fishing business in Alaska. My grandpa had his own home repair handyman business. He trained my brother to do anything and everything. I always thought he should use that experience to start his own handyman business. My brother always talked of starting a business but hasn't yet. 

I tried starting my own business. I had a craft store for a month. The location was good but the guy who owned the building was a jerk. Maybe someday I'll run a craft store again. It would be called Children's Custom Clothing. I think it could go really well. I could sell the bracelets I make and my books there. That would be great!

I really want to run a Bed and Breakfast like my grandma did also. Another grandma had an antique store. She had a ton of furniture that she polished and made look new. It didn't do that well so she closed it down. 

I had a thought a while ago of having an ice cream store. That would be fun. I would mainly sell banana splits. How could that not go well? I also want to open an indoor mini golf course for families to go to. My city has no family fun places. That could be the first and only one. I think I could make a lot doing that. It could have a kid indoor playground area too. Although those things are hard to clean, so maybe not. :)

What business have you always wanted to start? Keep on dreaming. You never know, it might happen. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment