Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Tendonitis

 When I was younger, I remember my mom got tendonitis. She had to wear a brace on her arm. She should have changed jobs, but she wore the brace instead. Her job for a long time was Medical Transcription. She would listen to doctors talk on tapes and type out what they said. I have considered doing that as a job, because I type maybe even faster than her. But she had to learn lots of medical terms to do that job. It can be tricky to hear what the doctor is saying. Maybe that's one reason why I don't like doctors. I always heard my mom listening to them and having to type every word they said. It was kind of an odd job really. Why did they have to have every single word they said typed out? 

Anyways, I have had tendonitis a few times also, and it was super painful. I got it first after working at Papa John's. I think putting the truck away killed my arms. So many heavy boxes. Working out the pizza dough can do a number on your body too. Thank God I finally ran away from that place. I have missed it off and on, but it is very hard for your body to do pizza work. 

I had really bad arm pain issues in my last pregnancy. Writing 20 books in 4 months could have easily caused that issue. Of course I would develop tendonitis again. If you want to look up the books on Amazon, search Lisa Bedrick books. :)

I tried to give myself limits. I mostly just wrote two chapters in the morning and 2 in the evening for whatever book I was working on at the time. The topics were alcoholism, feminism, homosexuality, abortion, God the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit etc....Sometimes I would write all day. 

In my early 20's I used to write for hours just for fun. I suppose I was working on typing faster but also it was my journal. I wrote about anything and everything. Finally, I wrote publicly starting at age 28, after my ex, Roger, died. He always told me I should do something big with my life, so I finally started to. My writing has made quite a few people mad at me. Most people don't make every thought they have public, but why not? It's a bit like gambling I guess. You never know how you will mess up your friendships with each thing you write. It's exciting, maybe a bit stupid, but at least it keeps my life thrilling. What friends will I lose this week? And should I care if I do lose them? :)

I live by the phrase, "Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." If you easily make a person mad, they probably aren't meant to be in your life. Just say goodbye to them. They are most likely toxic and you don't need toxic people in your life. 

Anyways, be nice to your body. You only get one. If you are in pain in some way, stop doing whatever you are doing and learn to rest for a while. You can do it. Some people hate work. Others hate rest. The key is to enjoy both. 

May God bless you all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment