Sunday, September 24, 2023

A Change

 "All good things come to an end." That phrase helps me quite often when I think about how I lost my family. I was just asking God why he couldn't protect my ex-husband forever so he could keep working and not go crazy. God said, "Change is good sometimes." 

Then I remembered how hard bed time was for me and my daughters. One of my daughters was a bit ADHD so getting her to sleep was super hard. Usually families have two kids and each parent helps in getting one kid to sleep. I was one parent having to master two kids. It was not easy. My ex worked the night shift, so that's why I was on my own. I remember a friend saying that can be really hard on a marriage, and yes it was. I tried asking him to change shifts but no, he refused. 😢

What did bed time look like? I would have the oldest girl go in her bed. I would say good night, sweet dreams.... I should have read her a story. Then I would lay down and cuddle with my younger girl until she fell asleep. The oldest would come out sometimes and I would keep walking her back to her room. 😣 I should have traded off. One night I could have cuddled with one child and the next night with the other. I tried cuddling with both of them a few times, but it didn't work. 

Parenting is not perfectly easy for anyone. We all have daily riddles to figure out constantly. What would make the child the most happy now? It is a non stop guessing game of trial and error. 

To all of you parents of multiple kids out there, my heart goes out to you. Keep being strong. You can do it. Hang in there. Someday you will have great parties with all your kids, and you will be so happy that you had as many as you did. 🙂 One of my grandmas had 5 boys. The other had 2 boys and 2 girls. We had the coolest family parties. I'm sure they were always overjoyed that they had so many kids, once their kids were older. 😁

Big families can be tons of fun. 😃🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment