Monday, September 25, 2023

Talking

 When I was little, I was very shy. I hated having to talk in front of the class for presentations. I just wanted to be left alone. I wanted to keep to myself. Then I had to go to counseling due to my dad molesting me. I had to talk for an hour each time about how I felt. That probably led to me wanting to write. 

I had a few friends that I would talk to a lot. My friend Nicole called me every night to talk. My friend Ashley and I hung out after school every day until my mom got off work. In college I didn't have much time to be social. I had a few good friends in the choir I was in. That was nice. 

I always had jobs in customer service, so I had one or two great friends at each job. I liked talking with my exes sometimes. Mostly in the car though, we just listened to music. At home we would just watch movies. I'm guessing that's how things are for most of you out there. I bet you get tired of not talking don't you? Movies, TV, music....our phone, we all have forgotten how to talk to real people. It is quite sad. I think most of us think what's the point of talking a lot? If you do, you might say or hear things you didn't want to hear. We would rather watch drama in movies then hear about drama in other people's lives. 

I encourage you all to talk more with your mate or best friend or mom or whoever you are the closest to. Don't worry about saying the wrong thing. Just talk and enjoy talking with them. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment