Friday, September 1, 2023

A Ticket to Paradise

 This movie was the best I have seen in a long time. The banter between the divorced couple was so funny and so real. Julia Roberts and George Clooney are so cute as an on screen couple. I loved the ending, but I won't ruin the movie for you. :)

You can tell the whole time that they still love each other. They might hate each other, but there is still love there. I heard once, "The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference." If you hate someone, you still love them a lot, because they still have a strong affect on you. When you barely think about someone, that is when you know you have stopped loving them finally. 

It is sad when people divorce, especially if there was lots of love between them. I loved the speech Clooney gave to his future son in law. It was the most jaded speech of any movie speech. Basically he was telling him the island paradise wouldn't be enough for his daughter forever. He was predicting that she would run away from him just like her mother ran away from Clooney's character. Like mother like daughter right? In my life, I ran away from my man just as easily as my mom ran away from my dad, but we both had good reasons to do so. 

I think parents and grandparents for sure have a big effect on us young ones. I remember my grandma always used to ask me if I had a boyfriend. When I said no, she would say, "Good! Keep it that way." I think she hated being a slave for my grandpa her entire life, or at least I can guess that's how she felt. Therefore, I was always hesitant to stay with one guy for a long time. I didn't want to be miserable like my grandma was.  

Marriage is kind of like slavery. Men have to work more for their woman than if they were alone. For us women, either we get a good master or an evil, dictator master/husband. If you have the evil, dictator master I recommend you try separating. Maybe they can go to counseling to get nicer, or the time apart will help them to become more humble. Most of us women, hopefully, have a kind boss as our man. They really love us and want to care for us. Some women still run away from such men, as was the case in the movie, and that is very sad when that happens. Some divorces should never happen. 

If you really love someone, don't run away from them. That was the moral of the story in that movie. Stay with any mate that you really love. Otherwise, you will hate yourself and them for letting you run away for the rest of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment