Sunday, September 17, 2023

Coffee Addiction

It could be said that I am an alcoholic but my alcohol is coffee. It is a substance that I think I need. I have a hard time living without it. It hurts my stomach, and yet I drink it anyways. It can lead to me being more irritable, yet I still drink it. 

Coffee can be just as dangerous as alcohol. Well, it won't cause you to get a DUI or get in an accident, but you could blow up at people you love and mess up your relationships.  Anyone who has had too much caffeine starts to be under the influence of a substance. They are not themselves. 

People often are afraid of alcoholics because they are under the influence of alcohol, so you never know what they might do next. The same could be said of coffee addicts, a little bit. You never know what someone on coffee will do next. It makes you want to clean the entire house, which can be good but may be also annoying. It makes a person a lot more talkative, but maybe also annoying. :(

Coffee is a drug, a simple drug, but it still is one. 

My mom has always been very anti caffeine of any kind. She said it makes her too irritable. I think it was almost dangerous for her, because she was always on medication too for her depression. Sometimes it was a stimulant so that, combined with caffeine, was too much. She would get the shakes maybe, but in her personality. My mom scared me many times because she was usually very irritable. That is why I tend to be against medication now, and coffee is like self-medicating. 

I really should quit, but it's hard. I have tried switching to non-caffeinated tea a few times, but it never lasts long. 

For all my fellow coffee addicts, try giving it up for a week and see if you feel better. You might be more joyful without the coffee. You think the coffee makes you joyful but perhaps it has the oppositve effect. It's possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment