Friday, September 8, 2023

Easy A

 This movie was a big wow. The craziest part was a high school counselor sleeping with a high school guy. I remember hearing from a high school choir teacher that lots of choir teachers before him were fired for having sex with high school girls. Ewe. I had a crush on a few teachers in college, but I never would have crossed that line with them. 

So the movie is about a girl who has rumors go around about her that she is immoral. It all starts when she helps her gay friend. They pretend she got it on with him so people won't think he is gay. That actually was the same plot as the movie Saved, which was also very good. 

She is then shamed by all the students. 

It made me think of how easy it is to feel shame in high school. I felt shame over not playing better in basketball games. I felt shame over being super smart. I felt shame for not having a boyfriend, but I didn't like any of the high school guys that much. Ok there was one I always had my eye on, but at that age it's too young to have a real relationship. 

What did you have shame for in high school? I hope you have healed from your high school days. That is probably the toughest years of life, but at least we all survived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment