Wednesday, September 20, 2023

A Good Mother

This movie was intense. It is about a custody battle over a 6 year old girl. The mom divorced the dad because she said the sex was cold. Also he quickly married another woman, so he probably was cheating. I can relate. The intimate life with my ex-husband was never great. It was robotic. I guess that's why I always wondered if he was gay, or if there was another woman. Only God knows. 

She said the sex was frigid with her ex-husband. Maybe he was mad she gave him a daughter instead of a son. When I was with my ex, I watched the movie The Duchess. I was thinking her life was like mine. She kept having girls and the Duke was very angry about it. He pretty much hated her for it, not that she had control over the matter. He wanted a son, an heir. I think God gives the men who really want a son a daughter instead to teach them to love both genders. :) I had the same issue with my ex. He was mad that both our daughters weren't sons. I was happy they were girls. I didn't understand why it mattered so much to him, but I guess most men just want a son. So stupid. 

Anyways, that couple didn't work out. Then the mom is looking for a more spicy romance with a new guy. She finds it, but then there are accusations of him messing with her daughter. It seemed like it was a mistake. They don't show this on screen. They just talk about it. The story is that the boyfriend was getting out of the shower. The daughter got a towel for him, but then saw him naked. She asked to touch his member, which I don't think that ever actually happens. He let her. That is what started the custody battle between the lady and her ex-husband. 

It was a movie that seemed to display my greatest fear. I have had a few boyfriends since my divorce. I just met the guys when I did, so I never knew if I could trust them around my daughters. Can you fully trust anyone around your kids these days? So I did not try hard to get shared custody of my girls. I wasn't sure if I could trust any guy around them. It seems like half of guys now are capable of being child molesters. Sorry to the men out there, but you all need to control your sexual urges more. 

The movie also took me back to my childhood. Our family was in court at least once over the case with my dad molesting me. I don't know why we were in court, but I remember it. I think possibly CPS was considering taking my brother and I away even from my mom. They didn't know if she was part of the molest. The truth was that she was just too gullible to believe my dad was capable of doing wrong things with a child. The mom character in the movie very much was like my mom. She couldn't see that perhaps that guy was not a guy she should be with. 

In that movie, it made it seem like no big deal. Like everyone was over-reacting to an odd event. Was the boyfriend evil for letting that happen? Are some men wrongly accused of being child molesters when they aren't? I'm sure that happens, but there are tons of sick men out there who are attracted to children in a wrong way. If you have known anyone like that, may God help you recover from being around that person. Hopefully you can believe in the goodness of people again, and trust people again, someday. 

May God bless you and keep your kids safe from sex predators. 


No comments:

Post a Comment