Friday, September 22, 2023

Press On

Phil. 3:12-15

"Not that I have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

James 1:3 

"You know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

No matter how difficult things may seem, never give up. Come up with a game plan on how to make things better and do it. Things are never as bad as you think they are, and they can always get better. This too shall pass. 

I heard a great sermon today by the pastor of Red Rocks church, Shawn Johnson. It was titled "How to Keep Going." He noted how Paul could have given up many times, but he didn't. At the end he was able to say that he "fought the good fight." He finished his ministry well. He did a good job, and he knew he did. He did a good job because he never gave up. 

It is not about how you start but how you finish. Finish well. Finish everything you do well. 

Here is a great poem on this subject: 


Mother to Son

BY LANGSTON HUGHES

"Well, son, I’ll tell you:

Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.

It’s had tacks in it,

And splinters,

And boards torn up,

And places with no carpet on the floor—

Bare.

But all the time

I’se been a-climbin’ on,

And reachin’ landin’s,

And turnin’ corners,

And sometimes goin’ in the dark

Where there ain’t been no light.

So boy, don’t you turn back.

Don’t you set down on the steps

’Cause you finds it’s kinda hard.

Don’t you fall now—

For I’se still goin’, honey,

I’se still climbin’,

And life for me ain’t been no crystal stair."

Life is never perfect for anyone, but you need to press on with a good attitude. Be grateful for all that you have. Spread light around when you can, to who you can. Stay in faith. Keep your hope alive. You have what it takes. You can do whatever God has called you to do, because he will do it with you. You are not alone. Cling to God when you have hard days. 

Do things that keep you happy. There is always a light at the end of a tunnel. Just keep walking toward that light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment