Saturday, September 2, 2023

La La Land

 What a crazy but super cool movie. It was up. It was down. It was normal. It was a random musical. I might watch it a second time. It was so random, but cute. Overall it was very good. I had wanted to see it for a while. Clips of it are in the music video for the song Perfect. It made the movie look super cool. It was very creative and very cool.  

It made me think how my grandma went to UCLA at age 18 because she was hoping to become a movie star. When she was a kid she grew up in an orphanage. All the other kids there called her movie star. I guess because she always knew that's what she wanted to do someday. She left L.A. though and went back to Texas, because of the crazy party scene going on there. She had been very sheltered and it was a culture shock for her. She couldn't handle the godless atmosphere of L.A. She said people would always tell her that she looked like she drank and smoked and she would just say, "Well I don't." I guess all attractive people drank and smoked back then. 

Ironically 20 years later she moved back to CA with her 4 children. I was wondering if she was hoping one of her kids would make it big in Hollywood. She was a drama teacher and directed many plays in churches. My mom and her siblings were in the plays. I could have seen my aunt making it big as a movie star, but it never happened for her. She had green eyes and pretty blonde hair. She had a lot of energy. Too bad it never happened for her. My uncle was a great drummer. Maybe he hoped to be in a band but that never happened. Another uncle was super good at playing piano. He ended up becoming an accountant. I wonder how many days at work he thought back to his dreams when he was younger. I wonder what he hoped to do with his gift of playing piano. 

I always had a dream of publishing a book. By now I have self published about 25 books.  I wrote one on every topic I could think of during my last pregnancy. That was a ton of fun. 

Look them up on Amazon. Search Lisa Bedrick books. At least I lived out that dream. Even if they were just self-published, it's still cool that I did that. I'm glad I accomplished that dream. 

My other dream has always been to be a famous singer like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey. That might never happen. If God wills it, I suppose it could, but I probably am too old to make it big as a singer now. :) But you never know. 

Have you accomplished your dream? Maybe it's not too late. Just believe. And as Nike says, "Just do it." 


No comments:

Post a Comment