Monday, September 4, 2023

We Bought a Zoo

 This movie was so heart-warming and well done. It was a lot like Sleepless in Seattle, as far as it being about a man whose wife died. He moved to a new town, just like Tom Hanks did. He needed a change so he could forget about her. 

It is very hard to live somewhere after someone who used to live there died. I was with a guy for 2 years in my 20's. He died due to meds and drinking too much. I didn't want to stay in our apartment a single hour after I found out he died. I didn't want to see his clothes. Just looking at them made me want to cry. Thinking he would never wear them again. Death is very hard. 

Moving to a new city is what anyone should do when someone dies. Get away from the memories. 

So he moved to a new city and bought a house in the country that had a run down zoo on the property. I feel the run down zoo was meant to be symbolic of his life. It was in pieces, in shambles. He needed to rebuild. He finally fell in love with a lady who worked there, and it gives you hope that he can have what he once had again. He can have more kids and have that happy family again. But it takes work. Just like they had to remodel the zoo, we have to remodel our soul after a big loss. We can't just get back up right away and stay in the race. We have to work on ourselves for a bit. Sort out what was good and what was bad from the last love experience. Then we can move on. Then we can be like new again and ready to love again. 

The ending when everyone shows up at the zoo made me cry. I'm sure you will cry too if you watch it. They tried so hard. They did so much, and the payoff was grand. 

It made me think how I wrote tons of books. I hope they will be successful someday. I put so much work into them, and I can only hope there will be a big pay off. If God wills it, there will be. Look them up on Amazon. Search Lisa Bedrick books. 

The end also made me think of the movie Field of Dreams. He kept hearing a voice say, "If you build it, they will come." And they did. Cars were backed up for miles to get to the baseball field that he built.

What are you building? What have you been working on for a while now? Never give up hope. It will have a pay off someday, either in this life or in the next. God will reward you for your effort. Hang in there. 

This verse shows the theme of that whole movie:

Hebrews 12:11, "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."

No comments:

Post a Comment