Saturday, September 9, 2023

Get Strong

 "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

I remember when I was in college, at my private Christian college, I felt like I couldn't relate to all the other kids there. It seemed they had perfect lives where their parents were still married. But if they had perfect lives, they probably wouldn't have been at college. They would have lived off of an inheritance and not had to work really hard. They all needed a degree to get a good job to just survive. 

All of us have a struggle, but it's the struggle that makes us stronger. No one had a perfect childhood. No one has a perfect adult hood. 

The Bible says many times that God tests us. He wants to test our character. He tests how much we love him. I often have wondered why God lets me suffer with allergy issues as much as he does. It makes me wonder if God loves me at all. I suppose a bit he likes to see us suffer, but mainly he likes to see if we overcome the suffering with a good attitude. They are all tests. Will we still love him even when we think he isn't acting loving toward us? 

Also God wants us to get stronger, to increase our endurance, to raise our faith level. We finally realize, if I got through that, I can get through this. We increase our faith in God to get us through, but also our faith in our own strength. 

Whatever you are facing, you will get through it. You will come out of it without the smell of smoke on you. Just believe in yourself, and believe that God will increase your strength through this hard time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment