Friday, September 22, 2023

Along Came Polly

You always see the pairing in movies of the straight edge and the loose person. Plains, Trains and Automobiles, Titanic, Due Date, all those movies have this pairing, which makes those movies so interesting. Along Came Polly has this same dynamic. I just watched that again. I think we all tend to swing between those two extremes, or at least I do. There is the child-like side of ourselves that just wants to have fun. Then there is the mature side of us that wants everything to be perfect and planned out and predictable. Sometimes we get tired of being so uptight and we finally let our hair down. We finally cut loose. I think the reason us serious people don't cut loose more often is because we have seen irresponsible people get hurt a lot. We have seen other people who weren't perfectionists mess up their life. So we become more rigid. We don't want to take any risks. We keep things predictable and not messy. We like things to be cookie cutter, but then it gets boring. I thought I was Polly from the movie. I think my boyfriend has been more like Polly for me, in that he has helped me to cut loose. I tend to be very rigid. My house has always been spotless. I don't like messes. I want things to be perfect. But very few things in life are perfect, and we just have to accept that. Life is messy. Life is crazy sometimes. We have to cut loose and just have fun when we can. When is the last time you had a lot of fun? Go have some fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment