Saturday, September 9, 2023

Masculine Women

 Here are my thoughts on the music video Flowers by Myley Cyrus.

First, she starts out being dressed like mother Mary with the head covering. Then she ties her hair up like all of us modern women do. Then she swims and is working out to tone her body, like most men try to do. If you think about it, working out is mostly a manly thing to do. Then she goes into her ex boyfriend's closet and puts on his clothes. Then she is seen dancing on top of a building like she turned into a crazy man. Maybe it's a reference to King Kong. He was on top of buildings holding defenseless women. 

When I first heard the song a year ago, I was like, ok this is good. It's about surviving after a break up. The funny thing is she is the same sign as me and her ex-husband is the same sign as my boyfriend. I bet he was great at taking care of her, like my man is with me. But then they broke up, and of course she missed him. Instead of crying over it, she literally decides to become a man herself. That is the implication in the music video. 

She goes from being a sweet docile woman like mother Mary, to turning into King Kong possibly. So her break up made her a warrior rather then made her weaker. 

I can say I can relate, my last break up made me a lot stronger too. I went and made my own money and enjoyed my freedom. But that life of being without a man's protection is only good for so long. Eventually all of us women miss the affection and protection of a man, so we are willing to submit to a man again, and that is good. The best life a woman can have is to be with a good man. 

Don't believe the lie that you are better without a man. You might be better without a bad man, but not a good man. I'm glad I finally found a good man. Try harder to find a good man, and good luck to you. 

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment