Saturday, September 9, 2023

How to Best Feed Your Baby

 There is so much paranoia these days over a mother laying next to her baby in bed. I suppose it happens that a mom might roll over on her baby, but I can bet it's extremely rare. If she is on meds or high or drunk, then maybe that might happen. Most moms are fully aware at all times of where their baby is and of course, they want to protect the baby.

I recommend that all breastfeeding and bottle feeding moms lay next to their baby when giving them a bottle, unless they are wide awake. I think it's more dangerous to feed your baby in a chair in the middle of the night. What if you fall asleep and you stop holding the baby and it fall on the ground? It is very dangerous to hold a baby in a chair when you are half asleep. 

A lot of moms get the side bed for a baby where they are the same height as your bed. I'm glad those were invented, because that is a great solution to the problem. 

A baby nursery can be great though to give you both space. I would guess the mother's snoring could keep the baby awake or wake the baby up. It can be good for that reason to be in different rooms. But keep the nursery door open and your door open so you can always hear the baby and help them when they need it. 

I think the best way to feed a baby is to sit in a chair next to their bed and hold their bottle while they are laying down. If it hurts your back to lean over like that, go visit a chiropractor. They almost always can help you feel perfect again. Most play pens now can be a bassinet for sleeping, which is the same height as you sitting in a chair. That is the ideal set up, I think. Cribs don't work that great, because you can't reach your baby as well. 

I hope all moms will be very careful when feeding their baby. Don't fall asleep while holding a baby in a chair. If you are overly tired, try the set up I talked about. May God bless you and keep you and your baby safe always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment