Thursday, September 30, 2021

A Much Needed Break

 If any of you are wondering why I am not working for now, it is because I got very tired of doing car repairs, and I hurt my arm badly. Not that I need to explain myself to any of you, but still. I was a pizza delivery driver for 2 years. I suppose God wanted me to take a break so that I could have time to write, and hopefully my writing is helping some of you. 

On my car, I had about 8 different things fixed but it seems there is always something else to fix. My car is old though. It has 212,000 miles on it. I bought it 8 months ago with the high mileage because it is a Toyota and they last forever, but it still feels old. I got new engine mounts on my car but the mechanic must have not put them in right, because now it shakes when going in reverse. It didn't used to do that. So that is annoying. My car radio is fuzzy half the time so it makes driving around in my car frustrating.

 So I am taking a break from pizza delivery, but it is very nice to take a break. Maybe I will go back to it at some point, but I am in no rush to. It is stressful work, and it is very hard on your body. I pulled a tendon in my arm or in my shoulder about 2 months ago. At first I worked through it, but both my arms felt on fire. So I told my bosses I needed a break. Eventually the fire feeling went away in my arms and then my right arm felt numb for awhile. Now my arms are mostly back to normal, but I am still scared to push myself hard for awhile. I had never had such a serious feeling injury that lasted so long. That was scary. It was just from doing too much. I need to accept the fact that I'm getting old. Anyone over 40 will probably roll their eyes, but I'm sure you remember at 36 that you started to feel old too. ;)

I keep telling my bf that I'm an 80 year old woman. I certainly feel like I am half the time. 

What I always dreamed of, was getting to retire and just write all day, so that is basically what I am doing now. Why not retire at age 36? If you can. :) 

I think most people just work because they don't know what else to do. We all need to have something to do. Or maybe it is because they prefer to live alone, so they have to provide for their own place to live. But they still have to see people at work, so they are never totally alone. 

If you need a work break, take it, and hopefully you can afford to do so. It is nice to rest for awhile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment