Saturday, September 18, 2021

Boredom and Stress

 When I was 23 I wanted to go to China to teach English. I remember my boss telling me, "You know, no matter where you go, life will be the same." That made me think a lot. His point was, you can't escape the boredom and the stress of life. No matter where you run to, it will follow you everywhere you go. You can be bored at work and you can be bored at home. You can be stressed out at work, and you can also be stressed out at home. There is no escape from the boredom and the stress of life. You might think moving to a different city will fix it, but it won't. You might think getting a new partner will fix it, but it won't. This is probably why people cheat. They think that with the next person they will never be stressed and they will never be bored, but boredom and stress are just part of life. You can't escape it. I remember I felt plenty of stress raising my two daughters, but there were a lot of boring times too. It was the same with my job at Papa John's, and anytime I have taken time off work. You cannot escape the boredom and the stress of life. No matter where you go, no matter who you are with, it will always be there. The grass is not greener on the other side. The grass is the same everywhere you go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment