Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Sharing Space

 I was thinking how I can be a difficult person to live with. I am a bit anal about things staying clean and organized. I got that from my step mom. Her dad was a general in the army so she was trained to be super clean and she taught me to be clean. Overall I am glad she did. I feel that is why I am generally happy with life, because my living space is always clean. 

Another different thing about living with me is I like to keep to myself. Often people I live with don't get that. I have been that way since I was a kid.  I remember I used to like to hide in a closet and I had it all set up like a fort with snacks etc. I don't remember talking to my dad or my mom or my older brother much at all growing up. I always did my own thing, coloring or listening to music or writing in my diary. I have always been very independent. 

In school I was pretty shy. I didn't talk to people very much. I became more outgoing in Junior High and I had a lot of friends that I would hang out with after school and on weekends. In high school I went back to being a bit reserved because my mom and I moved from Nebraska to California. 

With my room mates in college, we never talked because we always had tons of homework to do. In my 20's after college I lived with my mom, and I would just stay in my room and read and write all the time. 

Then I met my first true love at 25 and finally I talked, a lot. :) He and I would talk for hours and hours about anything and everything.  It was beautiful. He died 2 years later and that was very hard.

 When I was 28 I met my ex husband.  He was always at work so we almost never talked. I would only see him from about noon to 1pm every day. Most days I was literally only around him for 15 minutes, enough time for me to make him eggs and for him to eat. 

 After we broke up, I had 3 boyfriends that each lasted about 6 months.  I talked a lot with each of them and that was nice. 

For some reason I have a hard time opening up to people, but I guess it's because I don't trust most people. Maybe I shouldn't. Now my social life is just me and my bf Eric. We have two girl house mates living with us, but I almost never talk to them. Things stay more peaceful when people stay separated and we all do our own thing, so that is good. 

Hope you all enjoy your homes and that you have peace. God bless. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment