Thursday, September 23, 2021

Why Write?

 I don't write as many blogs as I do to impress others. I do it to impress myself I suppose.

I think many people struggle with insecurity because they just don't do much. It is important to impress yourself. It is good to make yourself proud of yourself. 

I think my whole life I got tired of waiting for others to impress me, so I decided to just impress myself about myself. :)

 Mainly I write because God tells me to. He has told me to publish at least 5 blogs every morning and that is a condition for me keeping my foreclosing house for another year. I have had many such arrangements with God regarding keeping my house. :) 

I got started writing about myself from writing out my testimony for missions trips I went on. The teams I went with always wanted me to share my testimony, my life story, so I did in India and Taiwan and in a youth prison one time. I always knew I could help others with my life stories, and I suppose I will do that until I die. This has bothered my family at times if I write about them, but I feel that if it will benefit society and make people better and smarter, then why not? 

I also write a lot because I grew up in a very driven culture, Southern California. Currently I live in Austin, TX. In SoCal everyone wants to become famous, and they are willing to put in the hard work to do it. My pastor said once in the northern states people work really hard, in the southern states people play really hard, and in SoCal they work hard And play hard. That is very true. People do play too much here in the south. :)

Also, I always hoped to become the next Joyce Meyer. I don't think I would ever do that in person though. I get super nervous speaking in front of large audiences. Also I would hate having to put on tons of make up and jewelry and buy new clothes a lot. I prefer the simple look; glasses, no make up, and being in my PJ's 24/7, so that is why writing makes more sense for me. 

The sum total that I have made from my writing is about $30. :) That is from books that I published 8 years ago on Amazon. Search Lisa Bedrick books on there to see them. So I don't get paid, but God pays me in others ways, like helping me keep good relationships because writing keeps me from going crazy. :)

If you have ever felt inspired to start a blog or write a book, do it....It is very therapeutic. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment