Thursday, September 23, 2021

Tame Your Husband

 I read a Shakespeare play in college called The Taming of the Shrew. The movie version of it was particularly interesting. The concept was that a man married a very non-submissive woman, but by the end of the play, he had tamed her. She had become the perfect wife.

Recently I said to my best friend how much I love my bf Eric. She said, "You don't love him." I said, "Why, because I kept breaking up with him? I was trying to tame him. And now I did and now he is finally nice. Mission accomplished." :)  

When I met Eric, he had the worst personality I had ever seen in a person. He had a great body and pretty eyes, but his personality really needed some work. Some people need to be broken the way you break in a wild stallion. That sounds a bit odd but it's true. Most guys are wild stallions. That is why they generally get in trouble a lot more then women. And the majority of men don't respect women, so you have to cause them to respect you. Mainly, show them that you are respectable and you will get respect. 

 Certain people need a stronger training in how to work well with others. My oldest daughter was very strong willed and almost would never fall in line, so I spanked her a lot. By a lot I mean like once a week or so. My youngest daughter was way more compliant so she almost didn't need any spankings. Of course it could be said that my harsher treatment of my oldest made her the way she was. It is hard for any parent to know how to train their kids. 

It is also hard for any spouse to know how to train the person they choose to live with. You want them to be a certain way. You want certain things from them, so how do you bring that about? Begging doesn't work. Whining doesn't work. I have tried the silent treatment in the past with people, which can be effective. Simply withdraw yourself and your attention until they decide to act nicer. 

You treat people how to treat you. What you allow is what people will do. Some women withhold sex from their husbands as a way of training them. I do not recommend that. That is like a man withholding food from his woman. Not cool. 

There are subtle ways that you can help someone change for the better. All I can say now is pray about it. If you want God to help you change someone, ask Him how and he will help you. God bless. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment