Wednesday, September 29, 2021

My Mom's Struggle

 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This was always my mom's favorite Bible verse. The back story is powerful. My mom attempted suicide about 7 times. She has had an extremely hard life. She married a man who molested both her kids. He cheated on her with a prostitute. He had a drinking problem, but she had thought she married "a man of God." Boy was she mistaken, but she clung to this verse, that she could do All things through Christ who strengthened her. She didn't give up on life. Well she tried to a few times, but God wouldn't let her. God knew she needed to stay alive for my brother and I, so he kept her going. If she didn't have God, and church, she probably wouldn't be alive today, and she definitely wouldn't be as sane as she is today. When we are floundering in the water, God reaches his hand down and helps us out of the water. If you feel like you are drowning, reach up. God's hand will always be there to pull you up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment