Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Importance of Rest

 I have always had a hard time doing nothing.  Almost every day God tells me to do nothing and I respond by saying, "But, I don't know how to do that." That is why Psalm 23 says that God "makes me lie down in green pastures."  Sometimes he does that by letting us get sick or we get a headache or our car starts to not work as well. 

God wants you to rest today. Take it easy. Let off all that stress and just be.  Don't worry about things that need to get done.  Just relax.  If you go and go and go, you will burn out eventually. Learn to just be.  Often times people can't stop running on their hamster wheel because they are afraid of what thoughts will come when they just sit. So they stay busy and keep running around.  They don't want to think about all the people they miss or all the hearts they broke or people who broke their hearts.  They don't want to think about all the hard times, so they stay busy, caught up in the whirlwind of family or making money. 

God wants to say to you, "Be at rest.  Let me in.  I have things to say to you that you might not want to hear.  You hide in busyness, but let me tell you some things, about yourself and about others.  Listen to me.  I have important things to say to you.  You just need to listen. Take time to talk to me.  I created you so that I can talk to you.  Make time for me. Please." God bless :)


No comments:

Post a Comment