Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Early Maturity

 I felt like I was almost forced to be a wife at the age of 6. It felt like I became a widow at age 28. And at age 34, I become an empty nester. I knew God let me experience feeling like a widow so that I could understand people who loose their greatest love. It seems that I have experienced every sad thing there is to experience, but what has it gotten me? A softer heart. More compassion. A greater desire to help others get through their hard times. Life sucks, A LOT, sometimes, but I have learned that the phrase "this too shall pass" is very true. Painful times hurt a Lot at first, but the sting wears off eventually. Tragedies increase our faith in ourselves, that if we got through that, we can get through anything! I am a survivor. I have taken the most hits that a person can take in life, but I'm still standing. I didn't let any of that end me. I decided to keep running. I made a promise to myself as a kid, when I saw my mom wallowing in her depression, that I was never going to give up on life like that. I was going to always stay strong. No matter what happened to me, I was going to serve God and love others and be a light to the world. Satan has tried to pin me down to the ground several times, but I am always determined to get back up and keep running. You can't keep me down for long Satan. I know you keep trying to but f....you. I will run for God no matter what you do to me. I am undefeatable!

1 comment: