Thursday, September 23, 2021

Jealousy Kills

 If you have more money then others, people can get jealous of you.  If your relationship seems to be better then their relationship, people might get jealous.  If your house is slightly bigger or your car a bit newer, they will get jealous.  If you actually enjoy your job, people can get jealous.  If you have close friends, people can get jealous.  

When others see a person who is generally happy, they try to sabotage that, because of this spirit of jealousy, which can make people go totally crazy.  Cain killed his brother Able because he was jealous of him. King Saul tried to kill David countless times because he was jealous of him. 

My entire life people have been jealous of me. Sometimes I enjoy it.  It can be fun to be envied.  I am generally used to it.  But sometimes people being jealous of you can really mess up your life. It can cause you to loose your spouse or your job or your kids etc. 

My ex husband was jealous of all the extra time I had as a stay at home mom. I made lots of YouTube Bible teaching videos.  Maybe he was jealous of how well I can communicate.  God certainly gave me the gift of gab. :) He maybe felt like I was earning more brownie points with God.  And so, just like King Saul got bitterly jealous of David and wanted to murder him, that basically is what happened in my last marriage.  I randomly opened to that story in the Bible one day when I was with him, and I realized Ben's madness was similar to King Saul's madness. 

Our entire first 6 of marriage, Ben had the gift and tongues and I did not, so he felt superior to me.  That was the One thing he could feel superior to me about.  Then I got the gift of tongues and the evil spirit of jealousy took over and it seemed that he wanted to take me out.  He tore me down verbally almost every day.  He constantly tried to steal my peace and joy.  It seemed that he hated me, and I'm sure quite sure that he really did.  Anytime you shine your light, there will be people who try to put it out.  But keep shinning anyways.  That's what I always say. :)

It can be dangerous to shine.  People can literally want to kill you if you shine too brightly.  Your greatness exposes their shortcomings.  Because you accomplish a lot, they feel more insecure.  This is why some people love to insult others, because when you tear others down, you feel better about yourself.

Jealousy is a very powerful emotion.  It causes people to go insane.  If they can't have what you have, it drives them totally mad.  

I have never understood jealousy.  For me, if I want something that someone else has, I work harder to get it.  Jealousy comes when people are lazy and they are not willing to do what the other person is doing.  They want to do it, but rather then do it, they just get jealous.  They dwell on everything that other person has, and rather then try to get it themselves, they try to ensure that the other person doesn't have it.  If they can't have it, they don't want you to have it either.  So they mess up your life any way they can.  They gossip about you and try to turn everyone you love against you, maybe threaten to call CPS or the police on you for stupid things.  They try to sabotage every close relationship you have, because they are jealous that you have those relationships.  They hate you, and they try to destroy your life in any way possible.  All because they are jealous. They can't handle that you have the things that they want.  The solution is that they just need to go get it for themselves, but their insecurity tells them that they can't, so they try to take what you have away.

Don't be a person like that.  If you want something, go get it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment