Saturday, September 18, 2021

Your Faith Causes Your Life

 "According to your faith it will be done to you" Jesus said. You can have faith that you will have a positive life or a negative life. What you believe will happen to you is what will happen. Most know the concept of a self-fulfilling prophecy. When you expect something to happen, you then cause it to happen. My ex said he had bad dreams of me living in our house with another guy, but then he caused that to happen by leaving me and not coming back. He believed that it would happen and so he caused it to happen. If you have a kid, you can believe that kid will be good or bad. Whatever you believe about the kid, is most likely what they will become. My parents always believed I was smart, and so I was. Sadly, they always assumed my brother was incompetent and so that proved to be true, because they treated him like he was incompetent. But I have always wondered if they believed my brother was smart, if he would have been. 

Faith is powerful. What you believe about yourself and others can come true. If you believe your spouse is cheating, you might cause them to cheat. By believing that they are bad, you can actually cause them to become bad. I have noticed this basic psychology in 22 years of working with kids. I always wondered if for one day the teachers pretended that the bad kids were good and that the good kids were bad, if they would actually act that way. If you believe a kid can be an angel, then they will be. If you believe your husband can be an angel, then he can be. If believe your wife can respect you, then she will. Of course then you will probably act more respectably. It is when people believe that they have failed that they just give up. Don't be impossible to please or people will stop Trying to please you. Maybe a man thinks to himself, "No matter what I do she won't respect me." He thinks he has already failed, so then he stops acting respectably. Or maybe a woman thinks, "No matter what I do, he won't love me" so she doesn't even try anymore. Of course some men and women are impossible to change. Some men are incapable of love. In that case, it is time to find a new man. Some women are incapable of respecting men. So it might be time to move on. But there are situations where you can change the outcome of your relationship based on how much faith you have. So try to stay in faith. Maybe your relationship and your life can get better. Only believe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment