Friday, September 24, 2021

The Love of Money Is...

 The source of all evil. 

Every guy I have been with was sadly obsessed with money.  They were all a Mr. Scrooge when it came to money.  The only guy I knew who didn't seem to care about money was my first bf Roger, but that was probably because he was raised in church, saved at the age of 4, and so he loved God his whole life instead of money.  But for every other guy I have been close to, money was their idol and their God.  They would not have admitted it, but it was obvious to me.  Money was all they thought about, and mostly all that they talked about.  

Every guy I was with wanted to limit how much money I spent, because they were always worried about money.  I also felt like they all just wanted me to be their donkey money making mule.  If they could have busted out a whip on me and said, "Work more slave.  Go make me more money!"  They probably would have.  That honestly can be how some women treat their husbands, "Go make me more money honey."  But it was the opposite with me and my boyfriends.  I think they all realized how smart I was and how much potential I had, so they wanted to liquidate the asset of me, so to speak.  They all wanted to see how much money I could bring them. I suppose they were all more like a pimp then a lover.  

I have always been gifted in making relatively good money.  I have a very quick brain and a great personality, so any job I have had came easy to me.  Promotion and more hours at work have always come easy to me.  I have never had a hard time finding a job or keeping a job.  Every single job I have applied for, I have gotten easily.  I have never in my life been unable to make money.  That is why I have never cared about saving money, which irritated most guys I was with. I have been very blessed in my jobs, for sure.  

But these guys I have been with, they always seemed to be so worried about the future, so they wanted to save and get as much money as they could.  I have now realized that people only save money when they plan on being Lazy in the future.  Personally, I don't plan on ever being lazy.  I honestly don't plan on ever retiring either.  There will always be some work that I can do.

Most guys I have known hated their job, which is probably why they always wanted to save.  They couldn't Wait to retire.  My ex husband used to talk about retiring about once every week.  I would respond with, "Um...you are only 35.  You have 30 more years of working before you can retire.  My goodness."  

God created work.  Work being harder was part of the curse, but God always meant for human beings to work.  What else would we do with our time if we didn't work?  We would be bored and would probably go crazy.  All people need work to do.  No matter what age you are or what stage in life you are in, there is some work that God has for you to do.  So do it.  And don't be lazy. :)

If you have an issue with worshipping money, just decide not to.  Choose to see money as a tool, not as a god.  Money can meet your needs, but mainly it is God who meets your needs.  Depend on God, not money.  Love God, not money.  God bless. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment