Saturday, September 18, 2021

Family Affection

 I grew up with almost no hugs, no cuddles, no kisses. The reason was because my dad molested me when I was little. So I think after that, affection just became awkward for me, my mom, my dad and my brother. We all just didn't touch each other after that. I remember if I ever did hug my brother his body would turn into a rock, as if to say, "Don't hug me." It was like we all felt that any affection was bad after my dad did what he did. We were afraid of it. I suppose that is why I wanted a boyfriend starting at age 12. When kids are never touched and loved at home appropriately, they seek after it in relationships. For any guy or girl who dates too early, it is probably because they did not get enough love from their parents. Now there is the odd rule hospitals like to give out to new moms to never co-sleep with their baby because they might kill them. So then from the beginning, there is less affection between a mother and her baby. The child then grows up more independent, which can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. With my two daughters I kissed them and hugged them a lot. I cuddled more with my younger daughter then my older one, but my older girl didn't seem to like cuddling. I tried to make sure they knew I loved them, because I never really felt loved by my mom. I think they knew how much I loved them. Hopefully someday I will see them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment