Sunday, September 19, 2021

Mental Health

 I have been interested in mental health my whole life, because from the time I was 3 my mom "said" she was clinically depressed. I wrestled with that notion my whole life. I would try to reason with her that God is supposed to give us joy right? So how could she say that? It seemed like she assumed she was stuck like that. Now that I am older I see that it was because she simply didn't do certain things. If you want to stay relatively happy, you have to eat right. You have to have good friends. You have to find a meaning and purpose in life. You have to figure out what your talent is and use it. Jesus told a parable about 3 men who received talents, which meant money, but it could also mean a talent or skill. One man simply buried his talent. The master came back and was furious with that servant who didn't do anything with his talent. What is your talent? What skill has God given you? Are you doing anything with it? So many people live lives full of depression because they aren't using the skill that God gave them. They bury it and sit on it and then wonder why they are so depressed. It is because they are not doing what they were made to do. I know that my skill is writing. God made me a mouth in the body of Christ. What member of Christ's body are you? Are you using your gift? If you are feeling depressed, try to use your gift more. You will be happier. God bless. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment