Thursday, September 23, 2021

Do You Hear Voices?

I just saw the most amazing, eye opening movie last night, The Voices with Ryan Reynolds. It was very, Very well done. But it haunted me so much that I just had a dream about a psychotic little girl who kept cutting up mice and getting blood everywhere. In my dream I was trying to tell her it was not ok to do that. Maybe because I was around some pretty crazy kids in my 20 years of working with kids. I worked with kids from the age of 14 to exactly 34. My first job was a summer daycare worker.  

That movie made me realize, this is why I write, so people won't ever end up like the guy in the movie The Voices. We all need human interaction in some form. We need some human contact 24/7.  That is why social media can be so awesome. Blogs are awesome, because very few of us actually pick up a book to read anymore. Our need for human interaction is why we almost always listen to music in the car. For me, as soon as I wake up I turn my ipod on and I have music going until I watch movies. It seems that our brains always need some human voice talking to it. It helps anyways, so that the negative thoughts won't come in. You know those thoughts. We all have them. You just have to distract yourself so you won't entertain those thoughts. 

In the movie "The Voices" the guy created his own human voices so he always had someone to talk to. He imagined that his cat and dog were talking to him, as a lot of people who are crazy do. lol. His dog was the angel voice, like if an angel is sitting on your shoulder. The cat was the demon voice. In one scene he takes his gf out to his childhood house. She asks, "Did you have any friends." He says no. That is where craziness begins, in isolation. It is also interesting that his mom had the same problem of hearing voices. She called them angels. Were they actually angels? Who knows. 

I knew two guys at my job at Papa John's, named Thomas and Chuy. Ironically I had a crush on both of them. They both would talk to people that weren't there. It really freaked me out this last time working there with Chuy. He was constantly talking to people that aren't there, all day every day. And whoever he is talking to him seemed to be making him mad at me, cuz he would look at me with eyes full of hate sometimes. It was really weird. So I'm very glad I don't have to work for awhile. Thank you Jesus!

My ex husband was a truck driver, delivering fuel overnight. He used to always say he wanted me to call him at work. I didn't realize how important that would have been, so I almost never did. I thought I was too busy taking care of our girls, but I could have used an adult conversation just as much as him. I had the mentality that he was a guy so he was made of steel right? He didn't need me to call him. Guys don't need anything. I probably think that way because my older brother has always come off as being like that. But my ex really did need me to call him. 

Ladies, remember that your man has needs too. He can be weak too. I had the revelation last night that that one thing, calling him every day, could have kept my ex from slipping into insanity. Maybe that is why churches used to have phone calling ministries. They should keep doing that. :)

Solitary confinement is the worst punishment in prison. There is a reason for that, because our minds can't handle being alone for long periods of time. We need to talk and someone to talk to. I suppose that is why I write these blogs. It is a sane way for me to talk to myself. lol  But I'm not talking to myself, I'm talking to all of you mystery people. :) Thank you for reading my blog mystery person. I can only hope that I make your day better and that I help you grow in wisdom the way Joyce Meyer and Steven Furtick always help me grow in wisdom. 

If you know someone who could use a phone call, go call them. :) God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment