Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Keep Your Roots

 If you loose your roots, you will die. We had a crazy rain storm last night and one of my trees broke in half. I replanted the tree so it is like a half tree now. :) But I am wondering how long it will stay alive without being attached to the roots. Maybe it will grow new roots. That would be cool. It made me think how badly we as humans need to keep our roots. A great verse says, "Train up a child in the ways of the Lord and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Storms come along and try to break us off of our roots. The world gets IN us and we start to forget where we came from. Maybe you were raised in church, but you have forgotten it all. I was just thinking how I used to worship in church, closing my eyes and raising my hands. I haven't done that in about 3 years. I miss that. I have been out in the world for so long, it is like I forgot. So many bad things have happened to me and I have seen so much evil, that it has made me forget my roots at times. I need to remember how important my roots are, so that I won't break away from them too much and die. Young trees have support braces so that they can stand up strong. I cut those braces off of my tree awhile ago. I guess I thought it didn't need them anymore, but that is why the tree broke in half. We need support braces too, people who are there for us.  Stay connected to your roots and get strong people to help support you, so you can stand strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment