Friday, October 22, 2021

Childhood Memmories

 Oh to be a kid again. I miss the simplicity of being a kid so much. Money didn't matter. Cars didn't matter. Bills didn't matter. I always had tons of snacks in the pantry. I always had my brother there to ride bikes around with me. I always had my mom around to talk to, and one grandma or the other to talk to. I didn't have to clean the house because my mom did. My mom did my laundry. She made awesome pot roast and lasagna for dinners. 

I wish I could turn back time and go back to when I was 8 years old. I would sit in my room and just listen to my Rainbow Bright record over and over and I would sing at the top of my lungs. Then I would go ride bikes with my brother around the railroad tracks by my grandma's house. In the evenings I would watch TV with my grandparents and eat apples and popcorn or some of my grandma's awesome banana muffins. 

I never write about my child hood much. If I do I write how my dad sexually molested me, but most of my childhood was very happy. I remember our swing set in the back yard, our bunny named floppy and picking flowers for my mom. We had a cat named Patches who was probably the fattest cat you've ever seen. He was so adorable. He looked pissed off all the time. Not sure why. :) I know when he was a kitten he used to jump out from under a curtain on my brother's feet and scratch him. To this day my brother hates cats because of that. Maybe my brother wasn't all that nice to him as Patches grew up. Poor Patches. 

I wish I could have been a kid forever. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to grow up. Now I wish I could go back there and just freeze time. 

I was really into hula hooping. I was always trying to beat others or my own personal record on how long I could go. I remember my brother and I putting the hula hoop around our necks and arms. I remember tug of war games at school. So many fun games at church youth group. I remember being in track and doing the long jump and hurdles. I remember playing beach volleyball at picnics. 

Now everyone is old and things aren't fun anymore. Life is so serious. All people care about is work and making money. It's every man for himself when you're an adult. The happy, loving glow of childhood fades and the world becomes black and white. 

But we all have heaven to hope for, and that will be fun. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment