Friday, October 29, 2021

Oh to See an Angel

 I've never prayed for this before, but I think I'll start praying that I can see an angel. haha, God just said to me, "You already do see an angel, yourself." Thanks God that's cute. :) 

Psalm 91:11 


"If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”

and you make the Most High your dwelling,

No harm will overtake you,

no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent."

I just spent like 5 minutes staring at this passage. :) This is probably the most beautiful passage in the entire Bible. If you expect God to protect you, he will. "According to your faith it will be done." Making God your dwelling means that he is your constant friend and companion. You know that he is always there and you converse with him 24/7. If you stay close to God, no harm and no disaster will affect you. No plague will phase you. You will stand strong like an oak tree through any rain or wind storm. Nothing will trip you up. Thank you Jesus! If you do start to feel weak, God will send his angels to help you. There are videos of angels saving people from death. They can protect you if you want them to. Why don't they save everyone from death? I suppose angels mainly protect those who love God the most, and God knows who is naughty or nice. :) I love that line "you will trample the great lion." Who is that? Satan! "The devil prowls around like a roaring lion."  

There is a beautiful video of Tyler Perry quoting Psalm 91. The title is "I need a WORD." Feel free to look that up or read the rest of these verses about angels. :) 

For any wondering when I put tons of verses in a blog on a topic I get them from openbible.com. That website is great! Type in the search bar any word and dozens of verses come up on that subject. When I first got saved there was just a book Concordance that you could get. It would give you the verse references but not all the verses on each topic so you had to look them up. This website is so much easier. 

Hebrews 13:2 


Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Hebrews 1:14 


Ministering spirits are sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

Psalm 34:7 


The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.

Psalm 103:20 


Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word!

Isaiah 6:2 


Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

Revelation 19:10


Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” 

Luke 15:10 

I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

Matthew 18:10 


“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."

Jude 1:9 


When the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

Matthew 24:31 


He will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Exodus 23:20 


“Behold, I send an angel before you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared.

Matthew 22:30 


For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Matthew 26:53 


Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?

Acts 8:26 


Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 

Matthew 4:11


Then the devil left Jesus (testing him), and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

Matthew 24:36 


“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

Luke 4:10 


For it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you, to guard you."

Daniel 6:22 


My God sent his angel and shut the lions' mouths, and they have not harmed me, because I was found blameless before him; and also before you, O king, I have done no harm.

Acts 27:23 


For this very night there stood before me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship.

1 Peter 1:12 


It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

Acts 5:19


During the night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out.

Colossians 2:18 


 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Hebrews 12:22


You have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,

1 Timothy 5:21


In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

Luke 16:22


The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. 

Mark 8:38 


For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Matthew 25:31 


When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

Daniel 9:21 


While I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the first, came to me in swift flight at the time of the evening sacrifice.

Psalm 148:2


Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his hosts!

2 Kings 6:17 


Then Elisha prayed and said, “O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.” So the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and angelic chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Revelation 12:7 


Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back.

Acts 12:23 


Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory.

Matthew 1:20 


 An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit."

Revelation 22:6 


And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”


God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment