Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Getting to Heaven

Go watch a YouTube video that has 5.6 Million views. It only came out 1.5 years ago too. The title is "25 year old Shares Testimony about Heaven and Hell." He had a heart attack and a stroke and went to hell and then to heaven. He said hell is incredibly hot, you can't breath, and you feel an on going mental torment. In heaven, he said his only thought when looking at God was, "What can I do to serve him." I was like, "lol That is what I think 24/7 too." I guess I already am in heaven. Or my perspective of God is what it would be in heaven, or close to it. 

I am SO glad I know that I know I won't be going to hell when I die. I know that because always tells me that I will be in heaven with him someday. I remember when I was younger I was so scared of going to hell that I said the sinner's prayer every single time a pastor said it in church. I just wanted to make sure I was good to go. Back then that was all I thought I needed. Pastors are way too simplistic in saying how we get to heaven. It's a long journey to solidify your salvation. 

As long as you are a good person, you can go to heaven.  But there are things you can do to solidify your ticket into heaven even more. Believe in Jesus. Reach the lost. Give to the poor. Don't think of yourself as better then others. Serve others with a good attitude. 

God doesn't care about you going to church as much as you spending private time with him. That is more important to him. It is important to have fellowship with someone, but your faith will primarily be a private thing. Prayer is usually meant to be private. Reading the word will mostly be done in private. I think people go to church because they need encouragement. They haven't learned yet how to work out their faith on their own, but it says more to God when you do it on your own, in your own time. Seek God for yourself, not to impress other people. It is between you and God how you live out your faith. He wants to see you work it out in private, not just when others are looking. Sure you can sit in a service on Sunday, but what do you do the rest of the hours of your week? Do you think about God at all? It is meant to be a 24/7 thing. 

Give God the majority of your time, the majority of your thoughts, and your life will go much better. God loves you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment