Monday, October 25, 2021

Sorry

Have you ever noticed it's very hard to say sorry? To say sorry is admitting that you did something wrong. It seems almost impossible for me to admit that I did something wrong, maybe because I try to think about everything a lot before I do it. I also wouldn't apologize for something God told me to do. What is the point of that? I suppose I could just say sorry to be sympathetic that the other person got hurt, but it still doesn't make sense to me. 

There is a Bible verse about making up with someone you offended. It says before you offer your gift at the alter, or before you go to church, go make amends with anyone who has something against you. But what if that is their problem? What if they are just a bitter person and making amends would be impossible? Then why even try? 

Some people will never be happy no matter what you do or what you say. 

If there are relationships you care about keeping, those are the people you should apologize to if you need to. Of course it's ideal to not do hurtful things in the first place, rather then do them and then say sorry. But we all do the best we can. 

God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment