Thursday, October 28, 2021

Power Outage

 My power went off and on today probably 20 different times. It was from a crazy wind storm we had here. I had to walk a block to get my trash can because the wind blew it so far. That was funny. :)

I was thinking about how the power can go out in our faith sometimes. "You did not receive a spirit of fear but of power." Sometimes we feel that power and sometimes we don't. It is sad when we don't feel it. But not every day is a sunny day. The clouds come in outside and over our head sometimes and there is nothing we can do about it. For women, that can be dictated by our hormones a lot. But just stress can make you feel down. Things people say that aren't all that nice. Circumstances can bring us down. 

When I am feeling like that, happy music always helps. Watching Steven Furtick, TD Jakes, Jentezen Franklin, or Joyce Meyer on YouTube helps. You have to plug back into the Holy Spirit, that joy from the Holy Spirit. "The joy of the Lord is your strength." You won't always be happy. There is a song that came out recently, "It's ok not to feel ok." I like that song a lot. But get back the fire from God when you can. You have to rekindle the flames sometimes. Return to your first love. Fall in love with God again. Life can make things feel cold sometimes. Stay close to the fire and you will stay strong. 

Jesus told his disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit and that they would be clothed with power from on high. What was this power for? To be God's witnesses to the ends of the earth. No matter what else you do in life, it will pale compared to being a light for Jesus to the world. You can do this in your own way. I have never gone around knocking on doors to witness. I thought about doing that one time, but never did. :) I prefer to do more subtle things, like writing this blog, or I leave my Christian bracelets in public bathrooms by the sink. I usually leave a note about following me on Twitter too. 

I used to make "Jesus packets" and put candy in them, a bracelet that I made, and a business card about my blog. I felt bad sometimes like I was just promoting myself. But God told me, "You are promoting yourself and me, don't worry." :)  The more of God's power you have inside you, the more ideas you will come up with for reaching the lost. There is no limit to what God can do with you and through you. Just trust him to lead you and he will. Whatever amount of money you have, God can have something for you to do. :) Whatever your personality is like, there will be a way that you can reach the lost. 

God bless!






No comments:

Post a Comment